For Pet Ownership
- My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful.
- Give me time to understand what you want from me.
- Place your trust in me; it is critical for my well being.
- Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. I have only you.
- Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words I understand your voice.
- Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
- Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush your bones in your hand but I choose not to bite you.
- Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself whether something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food. I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old and weak.
- Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.
- Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember I love you.